Happy National Bacon Lovers Day! Now this…this is the day to be merry about. Right up there with Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, Bacon has a special place in the heart of Americans and people across the globe because it brings joy whenever the name is mentioned, whenever it pops up on a menu, or on a table. Bacon in all its forms, has one simple purpose on this earth: to make people happy. It can do no wrong. It brings sparkles to our eyes. Makes us dream, makes us strive for greatness! It just makes people smile.
(Well, except maybe vegans. And people whose religions don’t let them eat pork. And maybe animal lovers. But let’s assume if you clicked to read this post, you probably like bacon. So yay!)
You name it, from mouthwatering melt in your mouth braised pork belly dishes, or smoked bbq pork belly pulled pork sandwiches, to crispy bacon, to dessert candied chocolate bacon to bacon sticking out of a bloody mary, we love it in virtually everything, any time, any meal, any where. Having a bad day? Just have BACON and it’s all better. Breakfast after a hangover? BACON fixes it. Need some salt or texture in a bland dish? BACON saves the day. Don’t have sprinkles for that cupcake? BACON bits, baby.
Can you tell we love bacon? Can’t help it. IT’S SO EXCITING!!
Well to celebrate this wonderful holiday we paired bacon with our favorite Berkshire pork sausages to bring you this crackilicious appetizer for all your Bacon partying needs. We promise this will get polished off in a matter of minutes when you bring it out from the kitchen—it certainly doesn’t last long in ours!
It’s salty, sweet, tangy, crispy and just all sorts of delicious. We absolutely love the crazy snap that these sausages have and love eating them as is for breakfast with eggs, or boiled to eat with hot pot or a bowl of noodles, or grilled up to eat with some bbq. Wrap ’em up with some delicious bacon and cooked in Dr. Foo’s Thai BBQ sauce and BABAM! KACHING! KACHOW! an appetizer for the Gods is born. *angels sing*
No idea what the heck kachow is, but it seemed right to say in my excitement and I’ve been known to make up sounds when I’m excited.
It’s simple, it’s quick and gosh did we mention that it was addicting and yummy? Maybe? We could go on and on. JUST EAT IT. IT’S SO GOOD.
So good. Man, I can’t even.
I was only able to snap a few photos with my phone before making this post because the fiancé was already starting to dig in!
Here’s the recipe. In terms of quantity, that’s up to you and how many people you want to serve, (or if you want to make it all for yourself, we totes understand 😉)
Note: You can get these brands of Berkshire Pork Sausages at the Asian market—I get mine at Kam Man or at Hmart, but I’ve also seen them at Ranch 99, so I’m pretty sure they’re readily available in most Asian stores. Just make sure it says Berkshire Pork Coarse Sausage. These two brands are the best in our opinion, because the flavor and the “snap” is the best!
- 1 package of mini Berkshire pork sausages (8 sausages)
- 4 slices Oscar Meyers bacon, cut in half for 8 strips
- 1/4 cup Dr. Foo’s Kitchen Bali BBQ sauce
1. Take out the bacon and slice it in half. These are mini sausages and only need half the slice to wrap it, plus you want to be able to easily and quickly cook through the layer of bacon and sausage.
2. Wrap each sausage with the half slice of bacon. Feel free to secure with a toothpick if you’re worried it will become undone—we didn’t and were just careful when flipping them with tongs and the bacon stayed on fine. But you know, just in case if you’re the nervous type. Wouldn’t want our little piggies to lose their delicious little blankets.
3. Cook and turn until all sides are golden brown. Add the Dr. Foo’s bbq sauce and coat all sides, allowing the sauce to reduce until nice and sticky.
4. TIME TO EAT 💗
We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! Share your favorite bacon dish with us in the comments below or on social media! Happy National Bacon Day! 💗💗💗🥓🥓🥓💗💗💗